Paging VOS- CO2 tank
My CO2 was 27 on 3 grains thyroid. Slightly elevated liver enzymes i think from digestion impeded  y pemvic floor dysfunction. ingested bolus of honey before blood draw. what's the cheapest way I can get started inhaling CO2? have used bags, works, seek simpler, moe effective method. thank you VOS. To clarify this would be inhalation.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(10-27-2016, 10:11 AM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote: My CO2 was 27 on 3 grains thyroid. Slightly elevated liver enzymes i think from digestion impeded  y pemvic floor dysfunction. ingested bolus of honey before blood draw. what's the cheapest way I can get started inhaling CO2? have used bags, works, seek simpler, moe effective method. thank you VOS. To clarify this would be inhalation.

Right, I find that generating CO2 with thyroid or other methods really doesn't help when rapid breathing results in the loss of CO2.

Slow breathing really is the key. There are many ways to practice it. 

One of the simplest is just to pinch your nose (or hold your breath) after you exhale. When I do this often enough, I will find that I increase my ability to hold my breath without discomfort. Arborescence just posted about it here:

Another simple way is to make a breathing device with a plastic bottle and a narrow tube (the size of a straw).  The result is similar to the famous "Frolov device", which costs quite a bit of money.

Carefully poke a hole in the cap of the plastic bottle.
[Image: JJtmpdm.jpg]

Cut the bottom off of the plastic bottle.

[Image: RPp8oMF.jpg]

Tape the tube in the hole to make an air-tight fit.
[Image: 0dUBNaz.jpg]

Put just a little water in a glass jar. Then put the open bottom of the plastic bottle in the water. Screw the cap (with the straw) onto the the bottle.
[Image: dxKet7f.jpg]

Now breathe through the straw. When you breathe out, you'll blow bubbles into the water. That means it's working.
[Image: RnPEwAA.jpg]
It's very simple to do, and nearly free. 

I've tried many other ways, but the other ways are expensive and complicated. This simple device works very well, if I use it often enough. At least a half hour, twice a day. More is better. It cannot be done too much.
Excellent! I'll fashion one of these devices this weekend. well-written directions and very much appreciated VOS. thank you for your time. To clarify, the water is just to check for leaks right?
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(10-28-2016, 02:25 AM)ChasingGoodandEvil Wrote: Excellent! I'll fashion one of these devices this weekend. well-written directions and very much appreciated VOS. thank you for your time. To clarify, the water is just to check for leaks right?
The water slows down my rate of inhaling and exhaling, and requires a little more force. It's a kind of exercise for my lungs, similar to holding my breath. 

It's a little hard to describe, but when I tried it the first time, I suddenly understood.
Oh wow, what an amazing DIY breathing device!

(<3)

edit: watch out arthur doesn't send his secret kgb nymph buteyko police after you vos.
(10-28-2016, 08:41 PM)huxleyan_dialectics Wrote: Oh wow, what an amazing DIY breathing device!

(<3)

edit: watch out arthur doesn't send his secret kgb nymph buteyko police after you vos.

Yes, there is short ebook on this subject called, The Amazing DIY Breathing Device. But it's overpriced at $32. I couldn't recommend any short ebook at that price, for those on a budget. 

Ray Peat's newsletter is $28 for 12 issues, delivered via email. That's a good value. I do recommend that to everyone.
(10-29-2016, 12:19 AM)VoS Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 08:41 PM)huxleyan_dialectics Wrote: Oh wow, what an amazing DIY breathing device!

(<3)

Yes, there is short ebook on this subject called, The Amazing DIY Breathing Device. But it's overpriced at $32. I couldn't recommend any short ebook at that price, for those on a budget. 

Ray Peat's newsletter is $28 for 12 issues, delivered via email. That's a good value. I do recommend that to everyone.

Hey VoS,

How does one go about ordering the newsletter to email? I thought it was by physical mail only and for those outside of U.S and without permanent address its a bit too much hassle. Also sending cheques or cash by physical mail is quite a hasstle for those outside US.

Also can you pm me Rays email address, in case I ever have a good question to ask. Of course all communication will be shared here to contribute for the "greater good".
(11-01-2016, 09:26 AM)mahounie Wrote:

(<3)

Hey VoS,

How does one go about ordering the newsletter to email? I thought it was by physical mail only and for those outside of U.S and without permanent address its a bit too much hassle. Also sending cheques or cash by physical mail is quite a hasstle for those outside US.

Also can you pm me Rays email address, in case I ever have a good question to ask. Of course all communication will be shared here to contribute for the "greater good".
Yes, I send PayPal to an email address. I will give that to you in a PM.

(<3)

Yes I was just kidding with you VOS. I was actually about to post the same pictures!

I can send you his "big book" on buteyko over email, if you want it for research purposes (It's really not that interesting; as in it's completely useless, but there might be some interesting stuff on Buteyko himself)

Have you seen those ridiculous designs of a co2 rebreathing device/sleeping bag for like $2000 on rpf.com? 
Man...
It was cool that he knew about people like La Verne, though.
(11-01-2016, 08:56 PM)huxleyan_dialectics Wrote:

(<3)

Yes I was just kidding with you VOS. I was actually about to post the same pictures!

I can send you his "big book" on buteyko over email, if you want it for research purposes.

Have you seen those ridiculous designs of a co2 rebreathing device/sleeping bag for like $2000 on rpf.com? 
Man...
It was cool that he knew about people like La Verne, though.

Yes, the humor was not lost on me. Appreciated, even.  Big Grin

The Laverne patent is here. It uses about 80% CO2 and 20% O2 to induce a state of consciousness just short of a coma, for about 30 to 120 seconds. 

La Verne was vilified, which leads me to think he might be, as he continues to assert, right.