5a-dihydroprogesterone-5a-dhp-pro-hormone. without DMSO
Idealabs released a new research product: 5a-dihydroprogesterone

Without DMSO. He also made a note: 

The opponents of DMSO on this forum have a reason to celebrate Smile Due to its extremely lipophilic nature, 5α-DHP is almost insoluble in solvents like DMSO, ethanol, acetone, etc. The only solvent in which it dissolves in high enough concentrations to make it practically useful is tocopherol, and as such the solvent for this product is mixed tocopherols and MCT.

I think feedback has been received. He is a smart person and I believe he wants to do good.
(11-23-2016, 11:54 PM)tastyfood Wrote: Idealabs released a new research product: 5a-dihydroprogesterone

The opponents of DMSO on this forum have a reason to celebrate Smile Due to its extremely lipophilic nature, 5α-DHP is almost insoluble in solvents like DMSO, ethanol, acetone, etc. The only solvent in which it dissolves in high enough concentrations to make it practically useful is tocopherol, and as such the solvent for this product is mixed tocopherols and MCT.

I think feedback has been received. He is a smart person and I believe he wants to do good.

I think DHP is the reduced form of progesterone. It's not obvious why you'd want the reduced form, when you could have the real thing, progesterone itself. 

The only downside to progesterone is that it is quickly metabolized into the reduced form of DHP or THP, and so you need to take small amounts of progesterone frequently. 

Generally, to achieve good redox balance, you want molecules that can remove or withdraw free electrons (by being chemically reduced by them). 

You do not want the reduced form, after the electron has been withdrawn. You want NAD+. Not NADH. Progesterone, not this metabolite DHP.

Question: does anyone on the other forum have enough knowledge of Ray Peat's science to note this? Or if they do, were they banned for doing so?
My avatar: William Blake, Vision of Strength
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7sD2Hod.jpg[/img]
(11-24-2016, 01:22 AM)VoS Wrote: Question: does anyone on the other forum have enough knowledge of Ray Peat's science to note this? Or if they do, were they banned for doing so?

The more time passes, the more stupid people get on that forum, the less they know about Ray Peat, and the lower the quality of the advice (some clearly opposed to Peat).
Thanks for the feedback about this product guys!

Just thought it was worth sharing that the DMSO issue is being acknowledged in some sort of way by the product manufacturer. 

Liking this forum so far. Thanks for all the contributions.
(11-23-2016, 11:54 PM)tastyfood Wrote: Idealabs released a new research product: 5a-dihydroprogesterone

Good for Haidut. Hopefully he finds a different solvent for the rest of his products, i'd probably buy a couple.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(11-24-2016, 02:36 AM)tastyfood Wrote: Thanks for the feedback about this product guys!

Just thought it was worth sharing that the DMSO issue is being acknowledged in some sort of way by the product manufacturer. 

Liking this forum so far. Thanks for all the contributions.

It's unfortunate but the other forum seems to be populated with fake sock puppet acounts who do not have any meaningful contribution, apart from vapid "comments"

Quote:"I sense a product release imminent"

":-D"

"Does 5α-DHP have any activity towards androgens? I wasn't able to find anything via a google search"

"Excellent find haidut!"

"It seems strange that low doses and high doses are effective for lowering estrogen driven prolactin but medium doses were not very effective. Do you have any speculation as to why? @haidut Please only respond if you have extra time, I know you're busy and my question is not important. Thanks!"

Haidut's response: " .... I suspect that most people will experiment on their rats with the higher dose given the strong inhibition of both prolactin and estrogen."  

"@haidut Thank you very much for your input!"

If anyone is actually harmed by this product (let's hope not), there could be considerable liability for a vendor who says "most people will experiment on their rats". To a reasonable person, that may appear to show knowledge that customers are using the product on themselves, and not on rats.

I do like haidut, but I wish he wouldn't do or say these things. For the tiny amount of money he makes, it is not worth the risk. At some point, some MSM fake news outlet might investigate this, and it will be Ray Peat's reputation that will ultimately be harmed, when Ray has absolutely nothing to do with it.
(11-24-2016, 01:22 AM)VoS Wrote:

I think DHP is the reduced form of progesterone. It's not obvious why you'd want the reduced form, when you could have the real thing, progesterone itself. 

The only downside to progesterone is that it is quickly metabolized into the reduced form of DHP or THP, and so you need to take small amounts of progesterone frequently. 

Generally, to achieve good redox balance, you want molecules that can remove or withdraw free electrons (by being chemically reduced by them). 

You do not want the reduced form, after the electron has been withdrawn. You want NAD+. Not NADH. Progesterone, not this metabolite DHP.

Question: does anyone on the other forum have enough knowledge of Ray Peat's science to note this? Or if they do, were they banned for doing so?

Good question.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
Why the freak the thread in the rpf has turned into pregnenolone being responsible for prostate cancer???

Can someone look into this?

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threa...ost-191303
(11-27-2016, 08:58 PM)tastyfood Wrote: Why the freak the thread in the rpf has turned into pregnenolone being responsible for prostate cancer???

The modern studies are based on the receptor theory, and the receptor theory is primarily wrong because it is tied to the profoundly irrelevant “membrane theory” of cell regulation. 

Some description is here:
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/pdf...xplain.pdf

Georgi aka haidut has a cool search engine that gives him automated hits on articles based on keywords. 
http://patriotentrepreneur.gmu.edu/issue...eneur.html

Then he posts the articles in threads with sensationalized titles, so that the Google search engine will send traffic. Then he would put his idealabs link in the signature. It seems lately he's removed the signature, and now just uses the forum itself for the information about his products.

For a while, I did critiques of haidut's posts. It was time-consuming to keep up with the automated search results from the search engine. 

I can't recall seeing a post that I thought was a good use of my time, as opposed to simply studying the work of Ray Peat, and the many references he provides. I don't critique haidut's posts now. Eventually, I had to put what seemed like article spam on ignore.

I'm not sure why the fascination with these topics, except that people probably are looking for a quick steroid fix because they've been brainwashed by the mainstream media to think such a thing will be "discovered". In fact, nothing amazing has been discovered since the 1950s, other than perhaps ketones by Veech and Cahill, and that was in the 1960s.

But I notice that Wilfrid just pointed out that haidut's one study showing the supposed danger of pregnenolone is likely corrupted by a conflict of interest. Unsurprisingly, the author was selling something or other.  

I'm sorry, but for me, it's just article spam over there that I now ignore.
(11-27-2016, 10:15 PM)VoS Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 08:58 PM)tastyfood Wrote: Why the freak the thread in the rpf has turned into pregnenolone being responsible for prostate cancer???

The modern studies are based on the receptor theory, and the receptor theory is primarily wrong because it is tied to the profoundly irrelevant “membrane theory” of cell regulation. 

Some description is here:
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/pdf...xplain.pdf

Georgi aka haidut has a cool search engine that gives him automated hits on articles based on keywords. 
http://patriotentrepreneur.gmu.edu/issue...eneur.html

Then he posts the articles in threads with sensationalized titles, so that the Google search engine will send traffic. Then he would put his idealabs link in the signature. It seems lately he's removed the signature, and now just uses the forum itself for the information about his products.

For a while, I did critiques of haidut's posts. It was time-consuming to keep up with the automated search results from the search engine. 

I can't recall seeing a post that I thought was a good use of my time, as opposed to simply studying the work of Ray Peat, and the many references he provides. I don't critique haidut's posts now. Eventually, I had to put what seemed like article spam on ignore.

I'm not sure why the fascination with these topics, except that people probably are looking for a quick steroid fix because they've been brainwashed by the mainstream media to think such a thing will be "discovered". In fact, nothing amazing has been discovered since the 1950s, other than perhaps ketones by Veech and Cahill, and that was in the 1960s.

But I notice that Wilfrid just pointed out that haidut's one study showing the supposed danger of pregnenolone is likely corrupted by a conflict of interest. Unsurprisingly, the author was selling something or other.  

I'm sorry, but for me, it's just article spam over there that I now ignore.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to think Haidut was in biochemistry and had experience in the lab?

Either way your find here is an expose, we should start a thread highlighting this so people don't make the mistake of what his profession is which is working for a government contractor,it could be the FDA for all we know sending him in to undermine Peats and others work!
He may not have set out to sound like an authority but they treat him like a messiah and hang on every word he says, if VOS posted what you have here over at rpf.com you would be silenced I guarantee it.

I get the impression computer programmers tech guys are nootropic addicts,fuelled on mania a lot of the time,the supplement haidut mentioned in the Roddy  interview Like P5b and caffeine he takes regularly are pro adrenaline,he then takes Cypro for a comedown. Same thing with mathematics fuelled on nootropics and reductionist in perceptions ,it's like alternative reductionism trying not to appear as reductionist by using the alternative theories to be heard.

Haidut has shills on the rpf.com ,I'm sure of it after reading the interview you posted where he is saying he is entrepeneurial, gbolduev was one of them,the computer programmers tech guys swarm together in little inclusive groups.

Keep in mind Charlie is doing computer programming or telling people he is,keep in mind Charlie is a pathological narcissist who in reality his skill level as a programmer is can just about sign up to forum,Charlie other username Constantine is a computer programmer too,there ares several others on that forum who do this and act like shills for haidut I bet,and they do it by appearing to be opposing haiduts views.

Peat recommends DHEA for increasing androgens,if in a stressed state he said taking apsiring would be helpful with it,he is open to DHT also,wtf is with people to ignore this and starting popping research chemicals,it's like a steroid forum in denial,at least the guys who use steroids don't bullshit themselves on the reprecussions.The imbecile mods allowing what is clearly not Peats view to pushed because it is haidut.

D

S