•  Previous
  • 10(current)
Unofficial Banned By Charlie/raypeatforum.com Thread
Pretty shit forum, that one.

Plenty of threads involving fads, 'biohacking', new-agey diet hocus pocus etc. They can't be fucked reading Peat or don't understand it and then just revert to the same desperate ideas and behaviours common to every other health forum.

Can't stand the layout either. There's a subforum for everthing, so every niggling health complaint becomes a problem on it's own with zero context. Basically the antithesis of Peat's approach. The thyroid forums are the most bare, which says a lot about the depth and understanding they have of what Peat is trying to get across. A few interesting minds there but the zaney conspiracy theory dickheads and pro-Trump knuckledraggers just make the whole thing look totally embarassing to be associated with.
got banned too
I was just banned as well. What's really fucked up is that it was because I said something negative about the site in a private message to someone. So not only is Charlie a hyper sensitive authoritarian, but he is a peeping tom as well. Talk about control freak.
It's obvious rpf is changing into a purely commercial forum, the political censorship will merely hasten that movement.
[color=#222222][size=medium]"I have no religion, no political affiliation: I believe in me, above everything else." -Chasing Good & Evil[/size][/color]
(12-25-2017, 06:29 PM)Hando-jin Wrote: Pretty shit forum, that one.

Plenty of threads involving fads, 'biohacking', new-agey diet hocus pocus etc. They can't be fucked reading Peat or don't understand it and then just revert to the same desperate ideas and behaviours common to every other health forum.

Can't stand the layout either. There's a subforum for everthing, so every niggling health complaint becomes a problem on it's own with zero context. Basically the antithesis of Peat's approach. The thyroid forums are the most bare, which says a lot about the depth and understanding they have of what Peat is trying to get across. A few interesting minds there but the zaney conspiracy theory dickheads and pro-Trump knuckledraggers just make the whole thing look totally embarassing to be associated with.

I was permanently banned a few months ago. The admin are weird people. One day they like you, the next they hate you and want you banned. You made some good points here. That forum isn't even about Peat and so many people misrepresent Peat's actual views. When I posted actual Peat quotes, people got angry, on the *Ray Peat* forum. Posting Peat quotes on THEE Ray Peat Forum is not accepted. It's so strange. I emailed Charlie and asked him to remove all of my threads and content because I feel that it is unfair that I'm unable to respond to people on my threads, or at least lock my threads so no one can bump and comment on them. He didn't respond. So people are allowed to trash you on your own threads without you able to respond. What decent people.
(12-25-2017, 06:29 PM)Hando-jin Wrote: Plenty of threads involving fads, 'biohacking', new-agey diet hocus pocus etc.

Unfortunately, this has become the standard over there.

The forum has done well keeping the AAS crowd at bay, but now everyday seems to present a new thread on raising T/DHT through means that Ray Peat has clearly shown disapproval of.

Then there are threads that spread confusion like the one suggesting caffeine is serotonergic.

Can't forget the posters who love claiming everything they experience is due to subjective flux of serotonin/dopamine, T/DHT/E, etc. with not a single lab in sight.

Haidut reducing his posting frequency created a vacuum being filled by people trying to emulate him, but ultimately have no idea wtf they're talking about. I feel bad for newcomers who don't have context.

Nobody even reports their experience adopting and optimizing Ray Peat ideas anymore lol.
Thumbs Down 
(10-31-2018, 07:24 PM)JaffeJoe Wrote:
(12-25-2017, 06:29 PM)Hando-jin Wrote: Plenty of threads involving fads, 'biohacking', new-agey diet hocus pocus etc.

Unfortunately, this has become the standard over there.

I feel bad for newcomers who don't have context.

Nobody even reports their experience adopting and optimizing Ray Peat ideas anymore lol.

i'm not a great poster. I'm just trying to improve my health. I haven't been banned or moderated as far as I know but have had problems getting peaty responses recently. Those who are knowledgeable seem to be posting long pubmed articles. MY last post engendered responses from people (no problem with them and I tried to be respectful) advocating a high fat low carb moderate starch approach. Not tremendously helpful. Over a couple of years I gave up reporting anything. I've tried lots. Did well in regards not putting on weight on a high fruit diet prior to RP. I think I've discovered some of the main problems with that. Insufficient protein and calcium. Hard to stay on as lack of access to good, ripe fruit. Poor amino acid profile. Bad for teeth big time. I had previously lost weight on The Zone which is protein sufficient and can be low in fat -emphasises MUFA. I was looking at how to integrate those benefits within an RP context. Recently seeing occasional temperatures in the upper 36Cs after using Taurine. Can't get any thyroid other than Haidut's into UK other than on prescription which is nigh impossible. Nothing, not even caffeine,  was raising my temps except unrepeatably -sorry for pun Smile. I hope this forum is more useful and less supplement-based discussion. 
Hum. More than I can usually write.
(11-12-2018, 04:32 PM)Milena Wrote: i'm not a great poster. I'm just trying to improve my health. I haven't been banned or moderated as far as I know but have had problems getting peaty responses recently. Those who are knowledgeable seem to be posting long pubmed articles. MY last post engendered responses from people (no problem with them and I tried to be respectful) advocating a high fat low carb moderate starch approach. Not tremendously helpful. Over a couple of years I gave up reporting anything. I've tried lots. Did well in regards not putting on weight on a high fruit diet prior to RP. I think I've discovered some of the main problems with that. Insufficient protein and calcium. Hard to stay on as lack of access to good, ripe fruit. Poor amino acid profile. Bad for teeth big time. I had previously lost weight on The Zone which is protein sufficient and can be low in fat -emphasises MUFA. I was looking at how to integrate those benefits within an RP context. Recently seeing occasional temperatures in the upper 36Cs after using Taurine. Can't get any thyroid other than Haidut's into UK other than on prescription which is nigh impossible. Nothing, not even caffeine,  was raising my temps except unrepeatably -sorry for pun Smile. I hope this forum is more useful and less supplement-based discussion. 

There are a lot of gems on here, especially from VoS. Sadly, this isn't a place for active discussion. For that, your best bet is one of the popular Ray Peat facebook groups. I've been lookin for an active community too and its the best I can find. I imagine its what RPF.com used to be before hormone-obsessed weirdos derailed its essence. They're also a lot less zealot-ish about food choices from what I've seen.

Peatarian seemed like a good place. I wasn't around when it was active, but the archives were extremely valuable. Unfortunately the owner removed access to archived posts. Was paranoid about some silly shit. You can find him talking to himself in the Danny Roddy thread.
(11-15-2018, 09:14 PM)JaffeJoe Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 04:32 PM)Milena Wrote: i'm not a great poster. I'm just trying to improve my health. I haven't been banned or moderated as far as I know but have had problems getting peaty responses recently. Those who are knowledgeable seem to be posting long pubmed articles. MY last post engendered responses from people (no problem with them and I tried to be respectful) advocating a high fat low carb moderate starch approach. Not tremendously helpful. Over a couple of years I gave up reporting anything. I've tried lots. Did well in regards not putting on weight on a high fruit diet prior to RP. I think I've discovered some of the main problems with that. Insufficient protein and calcium. Hard to stay on as lack of access to good, ripe fruit. Poor amino acid profile. Bad for teeth big time. I had previously lost weight on The Zone which is protein sufficient and can be low in fat -emphasises MUFA. I was looking at how to integrate those benefits within an RP context. Recently seeing occasional temperatures in the upper 36Cs after using Taurine. Can't get any thyroid other than Haidut's into UK other than on prescription which is nigh impossible. Nothing, not even caffeine,  was raising my temps except unrepeatably -sorry for pun Smile. I hope this forum is more useful and less supplement-based discussion. 

There are a lot of gems on here, especially from VoS. Sadly, this isn't a place for active discussion. For that, your best bet is one of the popular Ray Peat facebook groups. I've been lookin for an active community too and its the best I can find. I imagine its what RPF.com used to be before hormone-obsessed weirdos derailed its essence. They're also a lot less zealot-ish about food choices from what I've seen.

Peatarian seemed like a good place. I wasn't around when it was active, but the archives were extremely valuable. Unfortunately the owner removed access to archived posts. Was paranoid about some silly shit. You can find him talking to himself in the Danny Roddy thread.

Thanks for the hears up. Sadly, I no longer do facebook but will check out VoS, if I can find old posts, and Peatarian.  Otherwise,  I'll  try to muscle up some personal organisation and discipline.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)